Monday 9 May 2016

Create A Smile Stamps - More Masking!

Hi Everyone! Happy Mothers' Day to all mothers out there! :) 

As much as I love adding dimensional stickers to my images to have it overlap images and overall, looking more fun and interesting, I do enjoy the planning and carefully stamping all images in one flat layer. Also, I find that masking technique also kind of helps you save some money on buying truck loads of dimensional stickers.

This might not be new to some of you but I would like to share more masking ideas and tips along the way. I hope you'll enjoy today's card and I would like to see what you've come up with.





I am a clumsy crafter. Almost all the time, I managed to ruin my project mid-way or when it's almost done, so eventhough, I usually create a card with spontaneous ideas, in this case I've made a plan on where I want the flowers and leaves to be. 

But first, let's cut the paper. I wanted to die-cut the border using Pretty Pink Posh's Stitched Dies but my new die-cut machine isn't wide enough so I traced the die on my panel and just hand cut it. If anyone has any tips on how I can use border dies on my cardbase using cuttlebug, that would be awesome!



Time to start stamping and masking! General rule for masking is : The image that you want to have it on the front, has to be the one that you stamp first. I want all the flowers to be on top of the leaves, so they get stamped first. I stamped it again on a thin typing paper and carefully cut it out and use a temporary adhesive. I've also made a mask for my leaves :)


This is how it looks after being stamped. It looks a bit chaotic but take your time to colour and it will come out great! I used Antique Linen Distress ink to stamp the images and Prime Watercolour to colour in the images. Since I'm watercolour, I coloured all the flowers first. This allows the flowers to dry before I start colouring the leaves. 


To add something that would pop out of the images, I used a White Gel Pen to add some dots to the flowers. 


All Create A Smile products : 

Non-Create A Smile Products : 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment:

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy