Wednesday 21 May 2014

Blog Updates + New Wednesday Segment

Blog Updates : 
Hi everyone! Thank you all for popping by my site and leaving comments. For those who wished to follow my blog (I'm so excited that you want to :) ) but couldn't, I have fixed the follow button and it's all good. Don't forget to leave a comment so I can check out your blog too.

Wednesday Segment : 
I have decided to do a new blog segment called Tag It Wednesday. I will be making tags, of course, every Wednesday with a colour theme. This post will come with photo tutorial or video. Either way, there will be a tutorial and perhaps some tips along the way. I will do this for 5 Wednesdays starting from today, and I would like you to invite you to join me and share your Tag of the day with me using the link below.

I will pick my favourites and share it next week. If this goes well, I plan to do a giveaway at the end of this Tag It Wednesday.

So, spread the word! 

Today's theme is the colour : Brown. Hope you like my tag!



I started off with my new brick stencil by The Crafters Workshop. I love it! I used a texture paste over it and the painted the bricks with some crackle paint. 

Using Mister Huey's Pony mist, I lightly spray the entire tag. 

I used my new paint by Kaisercrafts (I'm really liking it by the way), and painted the corner to give it some dimensions. 

To blend the darker and lighter brown together, I misted some water over the parting lines. This makes the whole thing look well-blended and removes harsh lines.
 To finish the tag, I randomly stamped the tag with some Prima stamps and added some of my favourite embellishments.




Materials Used : 
Tag - Art Friend
Stencil - The Crafters Workshop - Mini Bricks
Mister Huey's Pony Mist
Kaisercrafts - Kaisercolor Raw Umber
Texture Paste - Daler Rowney
Wood Veneers - Teresa Collins Daily Stories
Ranger Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
Ranger Crackle Paint - Rock Candy
Distress Ink - Black Soot
Mini Stamp - Prima Engraver #1
Heart Steampunk - Prima
Buttons - Buttons Galore
Burlap Flowers - a gift
Alphabet stickers - Creative Imagination, Paint It with Luminarte

Now it's your turn to share and tell your friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger
Design byJasmineJoy